Hot Shots is an exciting new three-level course specially written for young learners in Greece and Cyprus.
Each level divided into 8 topic-related cycles. The cycles, which cover all skills, are of a manageable length and all 8 cycles can be completed in one school year.
There is also an on-going story in reader form linked to each unit and divided into eight episodes, which will not only help students revise and practice material learnt but will also capture their interest and motivated them to use the language. The story involves a group of children who enter a national song contest. Students watch the adventure unfold as the children overcome several obstacles on the way to stardom. There are also memorable songs which students will enjoy listening to and singing. The reader is brought to life in full animation in the Student’s e-book.
The Student’s Book is also accompanied by a Writing Booklet contained in a flap at the back of the Student’s Book. The Writing Booklet gives students the opportunity to practice and consolidate the vocabulary and grammar taught in the Student’s Book, and helps them to produce their own written material based on the writing models provided. Students will produce written examples of various writing activities including letters, e-mails, postcards, articles and invitations.
Each of the eight cycles of the Student’s Book contains
· stimulating and manageable two-page lessons designed to be simple to use and easy to teach.
· a carefully-structured review which checks student’s progress.
· a topic-related writing activity in the separate Writing Booklet.
· an exciting episode of the on-going story with exercises contained in the free reader.
Hot Shots 2 Student’s Book also contains topic-related project work and three plays which practice and consolidate the vocabulary and grammar taught at this level. Students will be able to perform these plays for parents and friends, giving them a great sense of achievement.
Hot Shots 2 Writing Booklet contains
· one two-page writing lesson for each of the eight units in the Student’s Book.
· a wide variety of stimulating and enjoyable writing activities relevant to the student’s level and ability.
· 8 writing models designed to help students produce their own material and develop their writing skills.
The Shooting Stars 2 Reader contains
· 8 two-pages episodes of the on-going story
· 8 activity pages with a variety of comprehension, grammar and vocabulary tasks